Do you want to make the real homemade Neapolitan pizza? Our perfect recipe allows you to bake a thin and soft round pizza , with high edges, the so-called cornice , just like those made in Naples. By following the traditional recipe step by step, you will obtain a Neapolitan pizza dough which must rest for the time necessary to be able to give you maximum taste and satisfaction.
Do not rush, then, and you can enjoy an extraordinary result. You need an oven that reaches a very high temperature (400-500 degrees). If you don’t have such an oven, don’t worry, the pizza will cook anyway with a few more minutes, it will be just a little more crunchy. But now let’s see how to make Neapolitan pizza starting first of all from the recipe of the dough and then moving on to the filling, which follows strict rules guaranteed by the International Regulations of the True Neapolitan Pizza Association.
1. Pour the lukewarm water into a bowl , keeping 50 ml aside, and add the yeast, crumbling it and dissolving it well.
2. Sift the flour into another bowl, make a hole in the center and pour in the water with the yeast. Start mixing and then kneading by hand, working the Neapolitan pizza dough on the lightly floured surface.
3. After 5 minutes, add the salt to the water set aside, let it dissolve and incorporate everything into the dough. Work the dough again vigorously with your hands for 15 minutes, beating it well and letting it fall from top to bottom.
4. Once you have obtained a firm, smooth and elastic dough, shape it giving it the shape of a ball. Place it in a large bowl and cover it with a clean, damp cloth . Alternatively, you can use cling film. Leave to rise in a warm place away from drafts for at least 4 hours. If necessary, also add a blanket, to facilitate leavening.
5. After this time, take the dough and place it on a floured work surface, forming smaller balls, the so-called panetti , which for the ‘ true Neapolitan pizza ‘ must have a weight between 200 and 280 g, to obtain a pizza with a diameter between 22 – 35 cm. Also place these loaves to rise covered, for at least 6/8 hours (you can also place them in the fridge up to a maximum of 24 hours).
6. Preheat the static oven to 250 ° C. Meanwhile, cut the mozzarella into strips and put it in a colander so that it loses part of its liquid. Mash the tomatoes by hand and season with a pinch of salt and oil.
7. Take the dough blocks and roll them out by hand with a movement from the center outwards and with the pressure of the fingers of both hands on the dough, turn it several times to form a disc of dough with a central thickness of 0.25 cm and edge high, the so-called cornice . Then place the disc directly on the pan.
8. Pour a few tablespoons of DACILIA tomato sauce on the disk of Neapolitan pizza, avoiding seasoning the edges, add a handful of mozzarella, chopped basil leaves and a drizzle of oil. Bake for about 10 minutes, remove from the oven, add fresh basil, a drizzle of DACILIA extra virgin olive oil and serve hot.